Monday, December 9, 2013

My First Inchie Monday!

One thing I've learned is that in anything you do, you have to start somewhere, sometime.  Well, this is my start and it's today.

When I dream of creating art, I usually picture layers of mixed media.  Everything is something of a collage.  Wow.  Is it hard to do this with an inchie, but my goal is to find out how to make that happen.  My first day out is a simple collage.  The theme is FOUND for 12/9.  When I saw the word for today, I was so excited, because what immediately popped into my head was how coincidences happen.  This morning my friend was telling me about how her beloved beagle ran away on Friday and that they had searched and searched and checked with the shelters, all to no avail all weekend.  I asked her if she had tried looking on Craigslist and she said she hadn't, so I immediately pulled up lost and found for our area.  After wading through none that worked, the last entry said Found Elder Beagle in her city.  I yelled, "that's your dog!"   And it was.  It made my day and I have been smiling all day knowing that I helped get her guy home.  Then I decided to check out what this week's inchie was and it was FOUND.  Really?  I knew that all I could think of was beagles.  So there you have it.  Kismet.


It's simple and it's a little fuzzy, but I'll get better... I promise.

Thanks for the fun, Every Inchie Monday!

8 comments:

  1. For a first attempt, this one is awesome! This theme was a hard one and I think you nailed it. I think my favorite one. Awesome job & I cant wait to see what comes next from you! Welcome to inchies, with a word of caution, they are addictive lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea and soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenn, Welcome aboard!!!!! Look at you, You mastered this!!! And yes, it is addictive!! I'm so excited that we have something else to chat about!! heehee Love you girlie!!! :0) Peace be Yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a story!!! I am soooooooo glad the dog was found - I mean it's a family member, isn't it. Good on you for dedicating this first inchie to such a happy event! We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story, a very happy ending. I love your inchie, it must have been very hard using such small images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments. This was a good start and I was excited by my story... it all came together. I hope it continues that way! Also, super excited that you all took the time to view my little piece and to give me a shout out. I love the feeling of community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what wonderful day for you. I am happy the dog is home. I love your inchie because I love dogs. Beagles are so cute.
    Welcome at Every Inchie Monday and thank you for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your inchie is fantastic and the story is even better! I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete