Thursday, June 19, 2014

L is for Lavender Inchie

Well, I have to say that this week I didn't want to think outside of the box.  I actually really like lavender, the flower.  I find it awesome that this week happens to be lavender... the same week that the lavender festival is taking place in Southern California.  Unfortunately, I can't make it to the festival, but how fun that this is our theme!

Because I really like lavender, I wanted to attempt to paint them as a watercolor instead of finding some obscure way to depict lavender.  My watercolor experience is um, this and that beer I painted, so I have some things to learn, but I really like working with watercolors and I want to do more with it... you know, like actual sized pieces?  haha  .  No time this week to do a make up inchie, so my lavender:


Now I can finally head over to Every Inchie Monday to see the rest of this week's offerings from all of the Inchie artists.  I bet a lot of us stayed in the box with these gorgey flowers.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Funny you should say that. I was just re-looking at my picture, blown up and I thought... "that looks more like an impressionist oil painting!" Thank you for the compliment! =)

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful inchie Jenn. Nice to read your post and thank you for your comment on mine

    Love Chrissie d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie! I love your work. Your tags are so amazing. I was just showing them to my husband and telling him I wanted to start doing tags, too!!! =)

      Delete
  3. Pure Awesomeness!!! (is that really watercolor?) The color is so vibrant!! You did an awesome job Jenn!! I did not know about the festival! ( I swear, I learn sooooo much from you!!!! ) Have a great weekend Missy!! :0) Share Humanity xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! I actually didn't realize that the lavender festival was taking place now, either (it's in Cherry Valley!) until my friend was posting photos of it on the Facebook last week. I might actually go myself if I wasn't headed out of town in a couple hours. =)

      Hope you're having a great weekend, too... I'm definitely planning on having some fun in VEGAS! =)

      Delete
  4. Wow Jenn your lavender watercolour is brilliant. You should definitely do some full size pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've already bought some lovely paper. I got the old easel that I had bought for my niece when she was little and I have some cheap watercolors.... now I just have to set up and TRY!

      Delete