Monday, April 7, 2014

G is for Gold Inchie

I sort of feel like this is the hardest one so far.  To me, portraying gold seems really hard... just the capturing the true color.  I thought of gold coins.  I thought of a golden ticket.  Gold bars are on my sketch pad.  But, then I thought (besides jewelry) how has gold been a part of my life and I had an "AH HA!" moment.  Again, this seemed hard for me, but I decided that when I think of gold, (besides jewelry) I think of gold prospecting because I spent many years of my life mining for gold.  I know, crazy, right?  But, I was once married to a man who had gold fever.  I've sluiced for gold, I've dry washed for gold, I've dredged for gold and I've panned for gold.  This is rudimentary and if I didn't tell you what it was, you probably wouldn't even know (the husband thought it was a plate of food), but it does bring back some memories.  Voila!  My Gold Pan.  And just so you know, green IS the most common color for gold pans, although my favorite gold pan ever was a burgundy color.  I think I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

Yeah, I know there isn't much gold in that pan, but trust me that's more than you'd actually find!


Alright, Every Inchie Monday, you did NOT stump me, even though you tried.  haha

14 comments:

  1. Such an interesting post - did you find gold when you were prospecting? Great idea for your inchie and I love how you used your own experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We did actually find gold... very little, but enough to feed the fever =)

      Delete
  2. I know green is the most common colour for gold pans. Such a romantic inchie - a symbol of dreaming and hoping, even if it's crazy. Thank you for sharing such an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been with your husband and thought it was food, but after hearing the story and then looking at the inchie I can see it. Also I can understand that there wouldnt be very much in there. Kinda like the diamond mine here in Arkansas, the only one in the US where you can openly go and dig for diamonds. This is a great inchie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to use your own story to come up with the inchie this week. I think it is a fun inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, ladies! I like using things from my life when I do these! I just need to work more on learning shading so I can show better depth!

    When we used to gold mine we DID find gold. It was mostly just dust and maybe once or twice the tiniest nuggets ever, but I have to admit I had some good times doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Jenn, I never new you prospected! So, you know, my husband use to do that too. His buddy has actually found some amazing nuggets, mostly in Mexico!I love it!! Can't wait to see you!! Missed you on the Inchies! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about that... I mean wondering if it was something we'd ever talked about... hehe Yup, used to spend my free time looking for gold dust =)

      Delete
  7. Cool! Some personal history put into an inch :-) I love the way you've linked the 2 together.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! what an exciting life you have had! This is a lovely personal tribute to that time Jenn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a very interesting post. So much memories. I love the story and the inchie and I wanted to ask if you found gold but then I read the comments and read that you found some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant story to go with your inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are awesome! Thanks for the compliments =)

    ReplyDelete